Can you tell me where mz3Viewer looks for mz3z files on the C drive? What folders?
Does it look at any drives other than the C drive?
Can it be told to look at any other folders or drives?
A good comrpomise had to be found between comfort and waiting time.
The first approach was searching in many locations, 2…3 levels deep in the directory tree.
That idea was abandoned because it took too long before a list of Mz3 Titles was built. Even after some optimization attempts the results were not satisfactory.
Actually the search is limited to some folders only.
To nevertheless make it easy and comfortable opening an mz3z file, two features were implemented to support using and finding Mz3 Titles fast and easily:
- An mz3z file can be dragged&dropped into an open mz3Viewer window. mz3Viewer then will extract all data from the mz3z file into a folder under documents/mz3Viewer.
An mz3z file btw is a standard ZIP file with an mz3 specific folder structure.
- An mz3z file can be dragged&dropped over the program icon (e.g. the short link on the desktop) and mz3Viewer will start, extract the Mz3 Title from the mz3z file and immediately show it.
- An mz3z file can be double clicked and mz3Viewer will open that Mz3 Title.
- Any Mz3 Title that was opened in the past is collected in a sortable list of paths, so those Mz3 Titles can be picked easily.
Folders mz3Viewer is watching:
- The “download” folder
- The “documents/mz3Viewer” folder.
This directory is automatically created by mz3Viewer, if it not already exists.
Remark: It is a good idea collecting any mz3z file in that folder so it is found by mz3Viewer
- The directories used by mz3Tool to save Mz3 Titles, i.e. mz3Viewer uses the same list of paths mz3Tool does.
This makes it easy for “developers” finding their Mz3 Titles immediately
An additional option for those knowing how to start programs via links or the command line is to provide the path to an mz3z file as “command line parameter”, i.e. attribute following the path of the mz3Viewer program file.
I installed the MZ3Viewer app on my Google Pixel 2 which is running Android 8.1. The problem is as I open the app it is simply loading a blank white screen during the startup and gradually after few seconds it crashes itself automatically. Any idea how do I get the app running normally?
Sidenote/reasons: The number of users of the Android/iOS version of the viewer was pretty limited, which did not justify the effort keeping up those platforms during the “time of heacy changes” 😉